|Record #: KNA0162||Last Modified: 30 Sep 2019||Last Full Update: 24 Jul 2019|
|Office Phone||Administrative Office: 250.763.4837|
|CanadaHelps Donation Page||www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/pathways-abilities-society|
|Primary Contact||Charisse Daley, Executive Director; Phone: 250.763.4837; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Leslie Munro, AQAM/Home Share Manager; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Charisse Daley, Executive Director; Phone: 250.763.4837; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Social Media||Facebook: www.facebook.com/KelownaPathways|
|Description & Services|
|Service Details||Provides several services to assist people with disabilities to reach their individual goals and contribute as equal members of community.
Activity Service: (778.484.4490)
- Provides opportunities for individuals to develop skills and abilities that promote self-esteem and independence through productive meaningful activities in recreation, leisure, volunteerism, socialization and community participation
Individualized Funding: (250.763.4837)
- Provides self-directed/ family-directed/support-network directed services
Integrated Career Opportunities (ICO): (250.763.9499)
- Provides opportunities for paid work by providing employment supports to find, secure and maintain employment
- Offers assessments, education, planning, skill development, support, on-site training, job coaching, development of natural supports, monitoring, follow up and the retention required to find and maintain long term employment
Life Skills: (250.763.9499)
- Provides assistance to individuals to enable them to live independently in their own homes
Social Recreation Service: (778.484.4490)
- Provides community based evening and weekend social recreation opportunities to individuals to assist them in developing friendships
Social Ventures: (250.762.4915)
- Provides employment opportunities for individuals who have barriers to traditional employment through contracts with community employers
- Individuals work under the supervision and support of Pathways Abilities Society for part of or their entire shift
Residential and Home Share Services: (250.763.4837)
- Provides safe, respectful, healthy and supportive services to assist individuals to live interdependently in a manner that reflects their lifestyle choices
Travel Club: (250.763.4837)
- Provides opportunities for individuals to travel; to rest, relax and have experiences outside their own community
|Hours||Varies, according to program|
|How to Apply||The following will be considered: amount of staff support required, emotional support required, physical support required and the amount of money available to provide the required supports.
Before a person can start receiving service from Pathways they must complete and give Pathways the following (required information):
- A referral from the funding body, with confirmation from the funding body of their agreement of the placement.
- Application for Service (completed with Pathways staff).
- Consent and Community Support form.
- Health and/or Support Protocols.
After receiving the information, a Discovery is scheduled to help Pathways gain a better understanding of who the person is and the type of service and/or support they want, need and expect from Pathways.
Persons who apply with pre-existing funding receive priority for placement.
Persons wanting to attend Pathways services with their own support worker and who do not receive service from Pathways can do so based on the following:
- Individuals not attending school can attend for a two week period at no charge. Persons wanting to continue are charged a $5.00 per day attendance fee.
- Students attending for practicum experience or transitional reasons can do so at no charge for the predetermined period.
- Any person can attend the scheduled Social Recreation Evening and Weekend Service activities with their support worker at no charge.
After beginning service, a person can request an increase in service or transfer to other Pathways service areas through a CLBC Facilitator.
|Address & Map||
123 Franklyn Ave
Kelowna, BC V1Y 6A9
View MapQuest Map
|Located In Community||Kelowna|
|Major Intersection||Franklyn Ave and Hwy 33|
|Languages||English ; American Sign Language (ASL)|
|Former Name||KCDS ; KDI ; KDSCL ; Kelowna and District Society for Community Living ; Kelowna Community Development Society|