|Record #: KNA0327||Last Modified: 09 Nov 2020||Last Full Update: 09 Nov 2020|
|Mailing Address||581 Gaston Ave
Kelowna V1Y 7E6
|Primary Contact||Janine Makar|
|Social Media||Facebook: www.facebook.com/sharesocietykelowna|
|Description & Services|
|Service Details||The holiday season is coming to Share Society, our Adopt a Family Hamper Program Family sign is here.
With the help of local businesses and sponsor families over the past 20 years, over 2000 families have been presented with a Christmas Hamper
Registration: Families and individuals can sign up now to receive a holiday hamper this season by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling at 250-763-8117. Our registration process will begin November 17th-30th, and due to COVID-19 for all necessary forms and documents will be sent by email, fax, or done over the phone. We encourage families and individuals to sign up as early as possible.
How the program works; AFHP runs every year around the holidays to help families and individuals in the Kelowna community ensure financial stress doesn't interfere with this special time. SHARE matches families up with sponsors in the community based on needs, requests, and budget. SHARE also uses sponsor donations made through this program to purchase Safeway gift cards which are then distributed to the homeless population in Kelowna around the holidays.
What to expect: Families and individuals who sign up will speak with our Holiday Hamper team to get registered, will then be matched with a family to receive food, gifts, or gift cards. You will be given a pick up time, or date for delivery along with gifts for each family member to participate in our gifting program where we encourage children to pick out gifts to give.
Want to get involved? We are always looking for new sponsors, this season will be a difficult one for many families and individuals in Kelowna. If you, your family, your business, or group want to help out those who need it in your community, reach out to Share Society to sign up. Those who donate $500 our more will be recognized on our website and social media platforms. Any dollar amount can be donated whether you want to sponsor a family, individual, or donate towards gift cards giveaways as well.
We require all those who will pick up and drop off to wear masks, if you do not have one we will provide it. Along with social distancing and hand sanitization. There will be a limit to the number of people able to pick up and participate in the gifting program at one time in order to ensure proper social distancing.
Who is SHARE Society?
- SHARE operates a local, non-denominational social enterprise, offering various Community Assistance Programs and Transition to Employment Programs funded through our thrift store sales
- Provides clothing and household necessities to people at very low cost or in exchange for volunteer work hours
- Provides goods at no cost to those referred to us by our partner social agencies
- Works closely with organizations that address the needs of the homeless
- Supports individuals with diverse abilities who wish to be more involved in the community or are seeking to transition into employment
- Relies heavily on the generosity of our community for donation, without which our programs would be possible
- Provides pick-up and delivery of larger items in the community on a weekly basis
- Relies on the good-will of volunteers to keep our prices low
- Accepts donations of mattresses & box springs
|Hours||Tues-Sat: 10:30am - 3:30pm Sun: 11:30am - 3:30pm|
|Dates||Nov 17 - 30 for new family interview sign up via phone and email
Matching sponsor and families 1st week of December
|Address & Map||
581 Gaston Ave
Kelowna, BC V1Y 7E6
View MapQuest Map
|Located In Community||Kelowna|
|Major Intersection||Gaston Ave and St Paul St|