|Record #: KNA0464||Last Modified: 07 Aug 2019||Last Full Update: 29 Jul 2019|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Cathy MacKenzie; Phone: 250.469.6345|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/regionaldistrict
|Description & Services|
|Service Details||Parks Services maintains over 2,000 hectares of parkland throughout the Central Okanagan:
- 30 Regional Parks
- Westside Community Parks
- Eastside Community Parks
- Plans future opportunities through parkland acquisition and development.
- Opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to be active and experience the natural environment.
- Larger natural area conservation parks for important landscapes and opportunities for passive recreation.
- Offers interpretive programs for schools and community groups in most Regional Parks and at the Environmental Education Centre for the Okanagan (EECO).
- Several parks have heritage buildings or artifacts.
|Hours||Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (excluding holidays)
Park Hours: vary seasonally
|Address & Map||
1450 KLO Rd
Kelowna, BC V1W 2K8
View MapQuest Map
|Located In Community||Central Okanagan|
|Major Intersection||KLO Rd and St Amand Rd|
|Accessibility||Please visit website for a listing of wheelchair accessible parks|
|Former Name||Central Okanagan Regional District (CORD)|
|Print Material||Parks Guide|