93 Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corps Grenville
|Lieutenant Navy Andrew Kerr, Commanding Officer; Phone: 1.604.226.7903 * 778.232.9802
|Lieutenant Navy Melanie Kerr, Executive Officer; Phone: 778.232.9802
Description & Services
|- Provides a community-based program for youth who are interested in participating in a variety of fun, challenging and rewarding activities
- Offers opportunities to learn about naval and maritime environments through activities on and off the water, including sailing, seamanship, shipboard life, naval communications, power boat handling, boat repair, and marine engineering
-Offers music training in a marching band
- Cadets can compete for a chance to participate in annual sailing regattas
- Selected seniors can attend international exchanges, sail aboard Tall Ships, participate in ship deployments on Canadian Navy and Coast Guard ships
- Cadets are not members of the Canadian Forces, nor are they expected to join the military
- Optional training throughout the year on weekends or Sunday evenings such as Sail weekends, air-rifle marksmanship
- Cadets can be selected to attend summer training at one of the cadet training centres in BC. Summer training is free of charge to parents. Cadets can attend 2, 3, or 6 week summer training courses in a variety of subjects based on their interests.
- Virtual courses are offered during COVID restriction periods, including qualification courses such as Pleasure Craft Operator, provided free to the participants.
|Local activities: September to June. Summer training for selected cadets in July/August.
|Ages: 12 year(s) - 18 year(s)
|How to Apply
|In-person, with Birth Certificate and BC Care Card, at 720 Lawrence Ave, Kelowna BC - Thurs evenings 6:15 pm - 9:00 pm.
|No up front cost. Uniforms are provided free on loan. Fundraising activities and requests for donations may occur during the year.
|Thursdays, 6:15 pm - 9:00 pm
|Address & Map
Brigadier Angle Armouries
720 Lawrence Ave
Kelowna, BC V1Y 6L9
|Located In Community
|Richter St and Lawrence Ave