|Record #: KNA1440||Last Modified: 07 Aug 2019||Last Full Update: 19 Jul 2019|
|Mailing Address||c/o Tanya Sletten
Downtown Kelowna Library Parkade
1360 Ellis St, 101
Canada V1Y 2A2
|Primary Contact||Tanya Sletten, Community Development Coordinator, City of Kelowna; Phone: 250.469.8723; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Aimee Jensen, Community Development Coordinator, City of Kelowna; Phone: 250.469.8925; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/cityofkelowna
|Description & Services|
|Service Details||- Park & Play is a FREE, all-ages event that runs weeknights from 5-8 p.m. throughout July and August at various parks throughout the city.
- Recreational activities include: running parachutes, soccer, disc slam, catch, bean bag toss, giant board games, relays, inflatables, and various individual and team activities.
- The goal of these free community events is to provide a variety of opportunities for families, friends and neighbours to interact with one another and to promote active lifestyles, healthy family interactions and a sense of neighbourhood and community.
- It encourages residents to go outside and discover their neighbourhood park or green space.
- Pop-Up Park & Play offers even more opportunities for families to play! Every Wednesday from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. throughout July and August in a park near you.
- Park & Play is a weather dependent event. Events may be cancelled or end early if staff deem conditions unsuitable.
- MANDATORY: all children must be accompanied by an adult
|Hours||Weeknights: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|Eligibility||Ages: 99 year(s) and under|
|Address & Map||
Parkinson Recreation Centre
1800 Parkinson Way
Canada V1Y 4P9
View MapQuest Map
|Located In Community||Kelowna|
|Former Name||Recreation, Parks and Cultural Services, Active Communities|