Community Life Centre Volunteers
(The Salvation Army Kelowna Ministries, Kelowna Community Church)
|Link to Application Form||app.betterimpact.com/PublicOrganization/4389e4be-2efe-4cb2-a7f6-d4a62b835a78/1|
|Description||Our Community Life Centre is a place that offers hope by assisting those that are in transition towards a brighter future, and also houses an emergency food bank. Appointments with our Caseworker are made for assistance, including food. The CLC Kitchen also supports our EDS Ministry as well as third party ministries for example, we are one of the community partners that provide meals for Inn From The Cold. |
Current volunteer vacancies:
Our CLC is positioned to help an ever increasing number of guests in need each day. We are seeking teams of volunteers within each of the noted roles to help support the vital daily work at the Centre. All roles are accomplished during a Monday to Friday business week.
CLC Administrative Assistants
The volunteer administrative assistant supports the CLC staff by performing regular clerical duties, primarily reception and booking appointments. We are seeking a team of assistants to share the front desk coverage over the business week.
OTHER CURRENT NEEDS:
CLC Giving Gardeners Pickup
- This volunteer will pick up the produce and bring it back to the CLC. *** must be able to lift sometimes heavy bins, can use our vehicle or their own truck (needs good size box)
CLC Giving Gardeners vegetable cleaning
- this volunteer would help with sorting, cleaning and bagging produce for CLC distribution to foodbank.
CLC Bread Run
- this volunteer would pick up bread pick up from Gospel Mission & Food Bank.
CLC Fleet maintenance and General Custodial
- this volunteer would help with general building maintenance, some potential cleaning ie. garbage, cleaning kitchen floors, vehicle washing, fueling (for both EDS and CLC vehicle), light changing, organization and storage in some areas.
CLC Kitchen Support/Cooks
- this volunteer team helps to prep. food for our outreach ministries. Food Safe Certification is an asset. The volunteer team is led by a fully food safe certified, Kitchen Lead.
CLC Hamper Builder/Stocker/Runners
- this volunteer team helps to stock our emergency food bank and prepare food hampers for our guests in need. Food Safe Certification is an asset. The volunteer team is led by a fully food safe certified, Coordinator.
CLC Warehouse Worker/Receiver Crew
- this volunteer team helps to receive regular food donations from our community and community and corporate partners. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds is important. This volunteer team is directed by a fully food safe certified, Coordinator.
CLC Warehouse On Call Crew for occasional, very large donations
- this volunteer team helps to receive large food donations from our community and community and corporate partners. The ability to lift up to 20, 40, and 50 pounds is important. This volunteer team is directed by a fully food safe certified, Coordinator.
Please call our Volunteer Coordinator, Tamara, for more information and further questions you may have at 250-860-2329 ext. 333 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Areas of Interest||Clerical ; Donations Sorting/Packing ; Food Sorting/Packing ; Meal Preparation/Serving ; Receptionist ; Warehouse Worker|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||The Salvation Army Kelowna Ministries, Kelowna Community Church|
|Address & Map|
1480 Sutherland Ave
Kelowna, BC V1Y 5Y5
View MapQuest Map