You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Special Event
There are 9 record(s) that match your criteria.
Help with our Project Red Ribbon campaign, awareness programs or fundraisers. Become a Victim Support Volunteer or work with youth in the community.
If you would like to contribute your efforts to these and other important initiatives, we would love to hear from you.
JUMP ROPE FOR HEART
September - June
- Attend and assist with school kick-off assemblies and event days
- Donation collecting and counting
April - May
- Event day set-up and clean-up
- Taking Team photos and handing out prizes.
Varying times throughout the year
- Event set up and take-down
- Monitoring event tables and other event activities
- Solicit event prizes and silent auction prizes.
DOOR TO DOOR CANVASS
January to March
- Organizing canvass kits
- Canvass mailing, kit drop-offs and pick-ups
- Donation collection and counting
- Communicating with canvassers emailing, calling and in person.
- Canvass a route door to door (February)
- Customer service– welcoming visitors, answering the telephone and making follow up calls
- Data entry
- Creating files, posters, ads, etc.
- Preparing documents
- Preparing mail
- Organizing & maintaining office systems
- Collecting and counting donations
Varying times throughout the year
- Attending health fairs and presentations
- Letter/email writing, phone calls, and recruitment etc. to assist with community outreach)
- Drop off, set up and pick up of HSF collateral (pamphlets, displays etc.)
- Representing HSF at fundraising events
There are a lot of opportunities for volunteers in our community. Depending on your interests, skills, and goals, we can work with you to provide volunteer opportunities that meet your needs, and the needs of our residents. Volunteer roles can include assisting with recreation programs, assisting in our ice cream parlour, visiting residents 1:1.
Do you want the opportunity to make a difference in your community? Do you want to help save some lives? Are you great with the public, well organized, motivated and interested in being a part of something meaningful? If so – we would like to meet you!
We are looking for volunteer leaders who will plan and implement volunteer-driven blood donor recruitment events and activities in their community. Supported by our team of Volunteer Resources professionals, this person will recruit, train and lead volunteers to go to events where they will actively recruit blood donors.
Still sound good to you? Great! Here's what we are looking for:
- Interest in helping to save lives
- Great at planning, organizing and staying on task
- Comfort working with the public
- Ability to train, lead and mentor others
- Great communication skills
- Available approximately 8 hours per month
Still think you've got what it takes to help us save lives? Let's talk.
One of the biggest benefits of being exclusively run by volunteers is that it allows 100% of the proceeds to go back into local community causes. While you’re here at Kelowna RibFest, be sure to thank a volunteer for their hard work and dedication to making our event a huge success.
Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs participate in community events and fundraisers throughout the year in the Okanagan Valley. You can participate in community days, golf tournaments, fairs, and much more. In doing so, you will be helping us increase support by sharing information on our many programs and services offered from Osoyoos to Enderby.
You may be available at certain times of the year and not other times… that’s okay, we’re flexible.
You may be interested in travelling throughout the valley or would prefer to volunteer in your own community… that’s okay too, we’re flexible.
You may want to volunteer with a friend or family member... that's great!
You want to make a difference to children, youth and families in our communities... you will.
Orientation and training will be provided to all Community Ambassadors, as well as support and recognition.