You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Mentoring Services
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
The Family Friend Program is a woman to woman mentorship program that matches trained volunteers with single mothers who are either pregnant or parenting young children. You can offer support, encouragement, and connection to valuable resources. Training is provided by KCR.
- Access to basic needs, including food, clothing, shelter, access to showers and laundry
- Supervision and engagement
- Support, mentoring, and positive relationships
- Recreational activities and opportunities
- Life-skills training and employment-seeking support
- Advocacy and referrals to appropriate community resources
We are seeking volunteers for various roles:
- picking up donations
- administrative tasks
- meal preparation
- mentoring, supervising and engaging youth
- distributing basic needs items
- leading or supporting skill-based workshops & activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Agency’s Mission Statement and Core Values are demonstrated in everyday practice
- Assist in engaging the youth in a variety of programs and activities.
The Computer Mentor interacts with the people involved in the group to find out what types of computer applications they like to use, offers guidance and support in using the applications, and suggests other applications that the individual may be interested in. The Computer Mentor reviews online safety and security with people who are accessing the internet and social media.
The Computer Mentor gives feedback and input to improve the Computer Basics activity. Pathways staff are on hand to assist the participants who are involved in the group.