You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Meal Preparation/Serving
There are 9 record(s) that match your criteria.
There are a lot of opportunities for volunteers in our community. Depending on your interests, skills, and goals, we can work with you to provide volunteer opportunities that meet your needs, and the needs of our residents. Volunteer roles can include assisting with recreation programs, assisting in our ice cream parlour, visiting residents 1:1.
- Worker accompaniment (e.g. shopping, doctor’s visits, banking, etc.)
- ESL teachers (substitute teachers, teaching assistants, tutors)
- Transportation (e.g. to and from social events)
- Logistics planning assistance
- Entertainers and cooks for social events
If you are interested and have time, e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know what you're interested in, an estimate of how much time you have (e.g. 1 day all season, a couple days a month, etc.) and whether you speak any Spanish.
Offers a minimal-barrier shelter serving the most vulnerable homeless members of our community * women and men are welcomed * a vulnerability assessment to determine bed allocation is completed at intake * intake is completed upon referral (self or agency) * beds are assigned for duration of stay * 31 beds are made available, AND 4 are reserved for late night emergency referrals from hospital, RCMP or self-referral * The following are prioritized for service:
- Couples and adult family members
- Persons with pets
- Does not access other shelters
- Transgendered individuals
- Persons who work past curfew times (sex trade and traditional employment)
- Unable to access other services due to bans, time limits, red zone court orders, personal conflicts etc.
There four different volunteer shifts available: reception, overnight, mornings, or food shifts.
More information about each volunteer opportunity can be found on our website or you can call the office 250-448-6403 to learn more.
Current volunteer vacancies:
Our CLC is positioned to help an ever increasing number of guests in need each day. We are seeking teams of volunteers within each of the noted roles to help support the vital daily work at the Centre. All roles are accomplished during a Monday to Friday business week.
CLC Administrative Assistants
The volunteer administrative assistant supports the CLC staff by performing regular clerical duties, primarily reception and booking appointments. We are seeking a team of assistants to share the front desk coverage over the business week.
OTHER CURRENT NEEDS:
CLC Giving Gardeners Pickup
- This volunteer will pick up the produce and bring it back to the CLC. *** must be able to lift sometimes heavy bins, can use our vehicle or their own truck (needs good size box)
CLC Giving Gardeners vegetable cleaning
- this volunteer would help with sorting, cleaning and bagging produce for CLC distribution to foodbank.
CLC Bread Run
- this volunteer would pick up bread pick up from Gospel Mission & Food Bank.
CLC Fleet maintenance and General Custodial
- this volunteer would help with general building maintenance, some potential cleaning ie. garbage, cleaning kitchen floors, vehicle washing, fueling (for both EDS and CLC vehicle), light changing, organization and storage in some areas.
CLC Kitchen Support/Cooks
- this volunteer team helps to prep. food for our outreach ministries. Food Safe Certification is an asset. The volunteer team is led by a fully food safe certified, Kitchen Lead.
CLC Hamper Builder/Stocker/Runners
- this volunteer team helps to stock our emergency food bank and prepare food hampers for our guests in need. Food Safe Certification is an asset. The volunteer team is led by a fully food safe certified, Coordinator.
CLC Warehouse Worker/Receiver Crew
- this volunteer team helps to receive regular food donations from our community and community and corporate partners. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds is important. This volunteer team is directed by a fully food safe certified, Coordinator.
CLC Warehouse On Call Crew for occasional, very large donations
- this volunteer team helps to receive large food donations from our community and community and corporate partners. The ability to lift up to 20, 40, and 50 pounds is important. This volunteer team is directed by a fully food safe certified, Coordinator.
Please call our Volunteer Coordinator, Tamara, for more information and further questions you may have at 250-860-2329 ext. 333 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current volunteer opportunity:
- Kitchen support including sandwich making, soup making, and kitchen clean-up
- Kitchen Lead. This role involves meal planning in collaboration with the Community Life Centre (CLC) team, and leading the kitchen team each Wednesday from 8:30 - 1pm.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Tamara, at 250-860-2329 ext. 333 for more information.
In teams of 2 or more people, Blitz volunteers perform one-time cleaning assignments for clients; clearing out the clutter while restoring a sense of hope and dignity to those who desperately need it.
This is a great opportunity for families, teams, friends, youth groups, or individuals who wish to serve on an occasional basis but cannot commit to a consistent schedule.