You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Homeless Support
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
To find out more call 250-763-3737 and book a volunteer information tour.
Offers a minimal-barrier shelter serving the most vulnerable homeless members of our community * women and men are welcomed * a vulnerability assessment to determine bed allocation is completed at intake * intake is completed upon referral (self or agency) * beds are assigned for duration of stay * 31 beds are made available, AND 4 are reserved for late night emergency referrals from hospital, RCMP or self-referral * The following are prioritized for service:
- Couples and adult family members
- Persons with pets
- Does not access other shelters
- Transgendered individuals
- Persons who work past curfew times (sex trade and traditional employment)
- Unable to access other services due to bans, time limits, red zone court orders, personal conflicts etc.
There four different volunteer shifts available: reception, overnight, mornings, or food shifts.
More information about each volunteer opportunity can be found on our website or you can call the office 250-448-6403 to learn more.
- Greeting customers, informing them of daily sale
- Taking money (cash/debit/credit)
- Bagging purchases
- Customer service
- Great store discount
- snacks & coffee/tea
Shifts: Mon-Sat, 9am - 1pm or 1pm - 5pm