You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Food Security
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
- Choose what mornings you are available (commit to a specific day each week)
- Meet us at our office on Ellis Street downtown Kelowna at 9 am
- Load the fruit in your vehicle
- Deliver it to a number of designated charities
- Pick up empty totes from the charities you drop the fruit at
- Return the totes to our office
- Carefully keep track of deliveries and totes to report back to us
- Approximately a 1-2 hour volunteer shift.
This is an on-call volunteer opportunity. We will notify you the evening before your scheduled shift if there is any fruit to deliver.
- Tag along with our wonderful Tree Care specialist, Bob McCoubrey, and learn about fruit tree care and how to tell when different fruits are perfect for picking
- After you’ve received some training, the coordinator will contact you to check out upcoming fruit trees to see if they are in good condition for picking
This is a more flexible, on-call opportunity.