You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Fundraising
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
The MADD Central Okanagan Chapter is a local grassroots not-for-profit organisation and is currently recruiting board members to join our Chapter board.
Our mission is to stop impaired driving and to support victims of this violent crime.
Board Member Required:
1. no experience necessary - all training provided
2. attend monthly board meetings
3. assist (as necessary) chapter community events
4. provide input and ideas to continue to grow and support the chapter
5. min. commitment of 1 - 2 years
Help with our Project Red Ribbon campaign, awareness programs or fundraisers. Become a Victim Support Volunteer or work with youth in the community.
If you would like to contribute your efforts to these and other important initiatives, we would love to hear from you.
Offers a minimal-barrier shelter serving the most vulnerable homeless members of our community * women and men are welcomed * a vulnerability assessment to determine bed allocation is completed at intake * intake is completed upon referral (self or agency) * beds are assigned for duration of stay * 31 beds are made available, AND 4 are reserved for late night emergency referrals from hospital, RCMP or self-referral * The following are prioritized for service:
- Couples and adult family members
- Persons with pets
- Does not access other shelters
- Transgendered individuals
- Persons who work past curfew times (sex trade and traditional employment)
- Unable to access other services due to bans, time limits, red zone court orders, personal conflicts etc.
There four different volunteer shifts available: reception, overnight, mornings, or food shifts.
More information about each volunteer opportunity can be found on our website or you can call the office 250-448-6403 to learn more.
We are already planning for our 2017 Campaign and would love to talk with you about your team or family ringing the kettle bells for The Salvation Army Kelowna!
A great time for families to give back & students to gain volunteer hours for school.
A great "walk on" role for a team from a business or service organization. We have kettle locations available in both Kelowna and West Kelowna.
It just takes 5-6 members of your team to man a kettle for an entire day!
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Tamara, at 250-860-2329 ext. 333 for more information.